As an advisor to corporate clients, I focus on more than just the financial half of your business so you can feel confident about your long-term business partners, family members, customers, and employee relationships.
Highlights of helping businesses 30 years and counting:
- Grew revenues and profits of a Twin Cities-based manufacturing company by 50.6% and 207.1% respectively.
- Served on the Advisory Board of four privately held companies and collaborated with key stakeholders to define a path to an ownership transition. All businesses achieved that objective.
- Lead an owner-to-employee transition of a regional professional services firm. Over the first 12 months of our ownership, increased revenue by 8.4% and profit margins by 53.4%.
- Marketed, and sold, 25+ companies with revenues between $2 million and $50 million to employees, financial or strategic buyers.
- Self-implemented the core pillars of Traction at three different organizations leading them to set goals, roles, responsibilities, and accountability while cementing a culture of teambuilding.
- Negotiated and closed the purchase of over $300 million of illiquid real estate assets through 39 transactions ranging in size from $500,000 to $102 million.
- Worked hand-in-glove with Wall Street brokerage firms to orderly liquidate $2.0 billion of illiquid securities, saving an estimated $75 million of individual investor funds.
- Partnered with one other professional to lead the marketing effort that raised $950 million of capital through 4 initial public offerings of securities.
Whether you're looking to set the next generation up for success, maximize your current profitability, or accelerate your businesses growth, you are in good hands.
Personal experiences which guide my work:
- I am a 3-time cancer survivor and twice I have been told that I had a better chance of death than survival. That experience set my moral compass at true north and leads me to…..“Do the right thing. Always."
- My Dad died of lung cancer at 64 from fumes inhaled at his own company. I understand the commitment owners make to the success of their business.
- My Mom died of breast cancer when I was 14 months old. Cancer has been intimately involved in my life for as long as I can remember.
- I had both of my hips replaced as a result of the side-effects of my cancer treatment. I played 18 holes of golf three weeks to the day after the first hip replacement and pushed through some pain to shoot a score of 91.
- My first job paid $3/hour sweeping floors at our family-owned manufacturing firm — age 10.
- My first financial transaction resulted in a loss. I purchased 4 shares of GM stock at $64 a share and sold them 3 years later for $62. I was 11 years old, and I had a lot to learn.
- Gretchen and I have a blended family with five 20-something year old kids. Seeing them each graduate from college in 4 years to become productive adults will always be a significant accomplishment for me.
- I am a highly experienced traveler. My favorite destinations include Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA), Colorado, New York City, London, Paris, Switzerland, and Italy.
- I will never forget the two rounds of golf I played at Pebble Beach, but I do want to forget my scores.
I say with the utmost humility that I lead a sensational life. Which is why I am deeply committed to helping others who want to make a difference.